BSc (Hons) Psychology with Foundation Year
If you have an inquisitive mind and want to develop a scientific understanding of the mind, brain, behaviour, and experience, then this is the perfect degree for you.
|Part-time Duration:||4 to 12 years|
|Starting in:||January, April, July, October|
|Tuition Fee:||£27,740 (UK), £20,500 (International)|
The key areas within psychology covered in this programme include biological psychology, cognitive psychology, developmental psychology, and more.
This degree is accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS), which means that graduates obtaining at least a lower second class honours degree will be eligible for the Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBC) of the BPS – the basic requirement to train as a professional psychologist.
- Developing Academic Skills
- Using Numeracy, Data & IT
- Research Skills & Using Information
- Values, Ethics & Working Collaboratively
- Crime & Law in Context
- Psychology of Everyday Life
- Introduction to Studying Psychology
- Introduction to Social & Developmental Psychology
- Introduction to Biological & Cognitive Psychology
- Introduction to Research Methods I
- Introduction to Research Methods II
- Key Studies in Psychology
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Personality & Intelligence
- Social Psychology
- Brain & Behaviour
- Advanced Topics in Cognitive Psychology
- Contemporary Developmental Psychology
- Cross-Cultural Psychology
- Occupational Psychology
- Mental Health & Illness
- Research Project
Please note that the modules listed may be subject to change.
Candidates for our online BSc Psychology Degree with Foundation Year are required to submit a personal statement (of between 350-550 words) or attend an online interview demonstrating an ability to study the programme at Arden University Online, taking into account:
- Your motivation for undertaking the programme
- Relevant work experience
- Prior qualifications
You also need a GCSE Maths Grade C or equivalent.
If your previous study was not in English, you will also need to have IELTS 6.0 or equivalent (no less than 5.5 in any element).